Every website wants more traffic. From personal blogs to corporate websites, you always want people to visit your site. But there are millions of pages on the Internet and it’s often difficult to draw attention to your website. However, with a little hard work and some clever thinking, it is possible.
Here are a few good ways to draw traffic to your website.
- Give visitors what they are looking for.
- Take some time to think of the types of traffic you would ideally like to receive. For example, if you’re selling t-shirts online, think of the market you’d like to sell to. If that market is teenagers in your city, then you’ll want to come up with a way to draw teenagers from your city who like t-shirts to your website. There’s not much point in promoting your site to older women from across the globe who hate t-shirts. That won’t help your sales.
- Be honest.
- This goes with the point above. You want to bring in relevant traffic. Yes, it might be easy to bring in traffic by writing a blog post titled “10 ways to get free money” but unless your site actually lists 10 ways to get free money, your visitors will not be very happy. Those visitors will leave your site very quickly and you won’t get any sales from them.
- Use page titles correctly.
- Your page title is a big deal. Rather than calling your sales page “Sales” you should consider titling it something more specific like “Retro T-Shirt Sales in Toronto” (if retro t-shirt sales are actually what you are selling in Toronto.) Not only will this help for search engine purposes, but it will also give visitors information on what to expect when they click the link.
- Promote yourself.
- Use message boards, social media, email, social news site, directories and anything else you can think of to promote your website. NOTE: This does not mean spam. Don’t flood every website you can find with your link. Build relationships, follow the rules of whatever site you’re on and participate in the discussion. You’ll definitely find sucess that way.
- Don’t give up.
- Very few websites are instantly successful overnight. Keep writing, keep giving visitors what they are looking for and keep promoting yourself and you will get there.
1 thought on “Good Ways To Draw In Traffic”
Your blog is really excellent. It inspires the readers who has that great desire to lead a better. Thanks for sharing this information and hope to read more from you.
Comments are closed.