Google Analytics is an important tool for anyone who has a website. When used properly, it can provide you with a great deal of information about your website and your visitors. You can then use this information to improve your website. Google Analytics can help you:
- Reduce your bounce rate
- Improve website conversions
- Attract more targeted visitors
- Direct people through your website more easily
- And much more
Google provides a lot of resources that can help you learn how to use the service more effectively. You can find a lot of great information at the Google Analytics Help Page..
Using Google Analytics
Upon first glance, you might be overwhelmed by the entire process. It looks pretty complicated if you’re checking it out for the first time! But don’t worry, once you have a few basic concepts down, it becomes easier to understand.
Your Global Site Tag
The first thing you’ll need to do is ensure that your Global Site Tag is properly placed on each page of your website that you would like to track. You can find this code in the “Admin” section. From there, choose the account and property that you’re looking to track, then select “tracking info” underneath the “property” column. Then click on “tracking code.” Copy and paste this code on each page that you would like to track, directly before the
Google Analytics Accounts, Users, Properties & Views
Once you’ve got the tracking code properly set up on your website, one of the next things you’ll want to do is familiarize yourself with the set-up of Google Analytics.
- Account: This is your Account.
- Property: This is what you are tracking (Your website, mobile app, blog, etc) It’s important to note that your account can contain more than one property.
- View: A view is how the data in a property is presented. You can use filters to create different views for each property. For example, you can create a view that only shows traffic for a subdomain rather than the entire domain.
- Users: You can add different users to your account and give each user different access.
Google Analytics can greatly improved your website. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to contact us today. We would be more than happy to work with you and help you harness the power of Google Analytics.